Southern Vancouver Island Area
Girl Guides welcomes you!
Learn about the Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada COVID-19 Return to In-Person Guiding protocols (National Office).
Discover SVI Camps Challenge
For a PDF of the Tri-Campsite Challenge, click here
For WORD document of the Tri-Campsite Challenge, click here
Updated February 2023 with information on ordering crests
There are three wonderful Girl Guide Camps in Southern Vancouver Island Area.
• CAMP JUBILEE is 160 acres near the community of Shirley, BC for tenting.
• MILNES LANDING CAMP is a 10 acre property on the Sooke River Estuary. There are two full facility lodges with bunks.
• KINGSWOOD CAMP is ~25 acres near Elk/Beaver Lakes, Saanich, BC. There is one full facility lodge and two main tent areas.
Get to know these camps by exploring them and working on a special challenge while camping there with your unit. The three separate crest segments fit together.
There are several challenge components to achieve at each of the three sites:
• Sleep at the camp for 2 consecutive nights
• Site history
• Guiding component (songs, skits, stories)