Discover SVI Camps Challenge
For a PDF of the Tri-Campsite Challenge, click here
For WORD document of the Tri-Campsite Challenge, click here
Updated October 2017 with more information on ordering crests.
There are three wonderful Girl Guide Camps in Southern Vancouver Island Area.
• CAMP JUBILEE is 160 acres near the community of Shirley, BC for tenting.
• MILNES LANDING CAMP is a 10 acre property on the Sooke River Estuary. There are two full facility lodges with bunks.
• KINGSWOOD CAMP is ~25 acres near Elk/Beaver Lakes, Saanich, BC. There is one
full facility lodge and two main tent areas.
Get to know these camps by exploring them and working on a special challenge
while camping there with your unit. The three separate crest segments fit together.
There are several challenge components to achieve at each of the three sites:
• Sleep at the camp for 2 consecutive nights
• Site history
• Guiding component (songs, skits, stories)